Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 7: Tiny Tim - God Bless Tiny Tim (1968)

Yep, I did it. I listened to Tiny Tim's first album. All the way through, tulips and all. And I'd do it again, dammit!

Tiny Tim is known for being a goofy, eclectic, vibrato-falsetto-singing, ukelele-playing weirdo that kind of looks like Russell Brand. But clearly there is a bit more to it than that... based on the strange set of covers on this disc he must have a pretty wide knowledge of old pop and jazz music, as well as much more of a vocal range than people realize. He even rocks some low, baritone-ish vocals in a few of the songs.

There is a lot of talking on this record, which adds to its cheesiness pretty heavily.

It's silly, and it sounds ridiculous. But there is something about Tiny Tim and his music that I can't help but kind of like. I have no fucking clue why. Pretty cool album, and I'm curious to hear what he was doing a few albums later...

No comments:

Post a Comment